A great itinerary is key to impressing your prospective and current customers, and making their trip as simple as it can possibly be. It should go into a good amount of detail, and should be simple to read and easy to follow. Read on to find out exactly why they are so important:
1) A good itinerary allows clients to maximise the time they have away. By ensuring each small detail is included in the document, there will be no time wasted travelling between places, activities, or accommodations. This will this show a realistic view of how much can fit into each day and manage expectations.
2) By mapping out each element of a trip, your clients will be able to estimate how much the trip will cost them in total. By knowing this, clients can start saving early on which will allow them to do everything they had hoped they would be able to. This will prevent clients running out of money too early on in their trip and having to scrimp and save for the rest!
3) Before heading off on holiday, the itinerary is the only thing your clients have to get excited about before departing on their trip. With an itinerary that brings your clients trip to life with pictures of where they’re going, you are able to build excitement before the trip even starts!
4) With every little detail covered in the itinerary, it is up to your clients to make a decision on whether or not they have the time to stop of at certain unplanned destinations during their trip. Say they are driving through Italy and would like to make a last minute stop to a small town they were told about by some locals. With an up to date and detailed itinerary, your clients can make an informed decision about whether or not they have the time to do so. On the Vamoos app, for example, you can include Points of Interest which notify clients when they are close to areas they may like to visit, so an itinerary is essential for making this decision.
5) Unfortunately, sometimes things don’t always go to plan, for example, delayed flights. If these types of issues have a knock on affect to the next item on the agenda, the itinerary is key to making executive decisions about whether or not actives have to be pushed back or cancelled, and allows your clients to re-work the rest of their day. Itineraries allow for contingency plans to be implemented quickly with minimal disruption.
6) We’ve all been there – you get to the airport, or even your final destination and there is something you have completely forgotten to pack. When your clients pack with a detailed itinerary in mind, they are reminded of all the places they are going and things they are doing, and should therefore be much less likely to forget items of clothing or anything else they may need.
7) With branded itineraries, your clients will see your company logo every time they go to look at their schedule. If they have an amazing experience (which I’m sure they will), and everything goes to plan (which is more likely with an awesome itinerary), then hey presto – you have created a positive brand recall and you have a customer for life!
Hopefully you’re already creating great itineraries, but if you think your itineraries aren’t quite cutting it or that your client’s experiences could be improved, get in touch to have a chat about how we could help you.
We are delighted to finally announce the launch of our new Vamoos update! Over the last 5 years, we have improved the features and functionality of Vamoos based on the feedback we have received from our partners. We have always wanted to ensure that they have what they need in order to make their clients trips unforgettable.
So, you are a tour operator and you have made the decision to offer your clients an app to make their experience with you the best is can possibly be. Good decision! If you have not yet made this decision, check out our other post on whether or not an app is right for you.
The travel industry is renowned for lagging behind other industries when it comes to tech. We are, however, getting better. And more and more travel companies are looking to use technology to better their processes, improve client experiences, and sell more personalised holidays.